While hypnosis has mainly had a medical or therapeutic application, its use in sports is not new. For more than fifty years it has been commonly used and is credited for attainment of numerous medals at the Olympic games. Olympic athlete Mary Lou Retton used sports hypnosis to help bring a gold, and many other medals, home to the United States. She would visualize her performance and convince her mind that she could achieve the idea in her head. Her brain trained her body to believe she could achieve a perfect routine. The Russian gymnastic team has been bring hypnotherapists to the Olympic games for years. Any athlete can use this technique to improve their game. Boxer Kevin McBride is known for beating Mike Tyson in a championship fight. The boxer used hypnosis to uncover his full potential. Sport hypnosis helps athletes channel more of their brain power when they play. Using mental rehearsal in your athletic performance is a powerful psychological tool that allows you to take what you would most like to do and turn it into what you will most likely do.
|10 Tips to Bathing Suit Body
1) Visualize yourself slim. This creates a road map in your subconscious which govern our habits and behavioral patterns. Visualization can help to fire neurotransmitters throughout your body to make the feat possible. Spend a few minutes every day to creating your ideal body image. See yourself slim, healthy and fit.
2) Make water your beverage of choice. Drink at least half your body weight in ounces per day. Eliminate soda and juices. Juices are high in calories. Eat your fruit, don’t drink it! Eating your fruit takes more time and you’ll get fiber benefits, which also help to fill you.
3) Weigh yourself daily. Yes daily!! It keeps you focused on you weight goal. Knowing that eating that slice of pizza or brownie might just send the numbers in the opposite direction will help you stay on track.
4) Keep a food and exercise journal. It keeps you accountable. Log everything you eating and drink. Enter the time and how you are feeling. Since emotions play a huge role in what we eat and how much, by identifying your triggers you can begin to make better choices.
5) Add half hour of exercise 6 days per week. Get up early, power walk at lunch, take a fitness class, ride your bike, go for a jog… no excuses, just do it!!! And you will feel better as exercise kicks up endorphin, the feel good chemicals.
6) Have a large breakfast, high in lean protein. Add fruit and veggies.
7) Add 2 large salad with vinegar and little olive oil. Go easy on the oil as it is high in calories and fat, but it is a necessary and healthy part of any nutrition program.
8) Try spacing out your meals. Have 5 or 6 small balanced meals spaced 3 hrs. apart. You will eliminate overeating and hunger pangs. Sit down while you are eating and focus on eating. Shut off the TV, close the book, don’t read the mail. Distractions can lead to overeating.
9) Exercise!! Find activities you like and make the time. 30- 40 minutes per day of combination of strength training and cardio.
10) Get plenty of rest. Try to sleep 7-8 hours every night. You will feel better and have more control at the dinner table. Taking a cat nap in the afternoon works wonders!!!
Even in the winter months it is important to use sunscreen. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) you are at risk for sun damage. The sun reflection off the snow and water can nearly double the amount of UV rays.
Here are some guidelines from the EPA:
An easy way to tell how much UV exposure you are getting is to look for your shadow:
• If your shadow is taller than you are (in the early morning and late afternoon), your UV exposure is likely to be low.
• If your shadow is shorter than you are (around midday), you are being exposed to high levels of UV radiation. Seek shade and protect your skin and eyes.The EPA recommends always wearing SPF of 30 or more and applying liberally.
What Can Hypnosis Do For You?
Whether you would like to give up smoking, lose weight, manage stress, improve your memory, or increase confidence, hypnosis could help you. Hypnosis is approved by the American Medical Association and is the fastest known method of reaching the subconscious, which governs over habits and behavioral patterns. It is a natural state of mind that you have experienced every single day. Hypnosis can help you control and eliminate a habit permanently. Hypnosis can remove all desire for fattening foods. It is one of the safest and most effective ways to stop smoking with little or no withdrawals or weight gain in most cases.
Using hypnosis you can build confidence, increase motivation, and ease stress. Hypnosis is one of the most powerful tools we have for gaining access to our full mind. Once you learn how to put your full mind to work, your potential is unlimited.
How Hypnosis Can Help You:
- LOSE WEIGHT
- STOP SMOKING
- IMPROVE GRADES
- IMPROVE MEMORY
- INCREASE CONCENTRATION
- CONTROL EATING HABITS
- ELIMINATE A HABIT
- REDUCE STRESS
- HAVE PAINLESS CHILDBIRTH
- OVERCOME FEARS
- INCREASE SALES MOTIVATION
- IMPROVE LEARNING SKILLS
- END BED-WETTING
- PASS EXAMS
- OVERCOME INSOMNIA
- IMPROVE ATHLETIC ABILITY
- END NAIL BITING
- INCREASE MOTIVATION
- BUILD SELF-CONFIDENCE
- ACHIEVE SELF-ACCEPTANCE
For more information, contact Jacqueline LeClaire @ 5706886055.
Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Master Trainer with the International Association of Counselors and Therapists.
Exercise 3 Times Per Week to Lose Weight
Exercising just three times per week can help you lose weight. Put aside 15- 20 minutes if you are just starting out. Try to increase your workout to 45 to 60 minutes per workout. By exercising at low to moderate intensity you will burn less calories than high intensity such as sprinting. You can torch calories quicker by increasing your level of intensity. If you are just starting out take it slow. You will see progress if you are consistent.
Here is a workout to try: “A” for beginners, “B” is a bit higher intensity
Cardio- A-Walk for 15- 20 minutes B-Jog of run for 20- 30 minutes
A- 10 pushups standing against the wall or on your knees on floor
B-10 military pushups
A- 15 squats B-15 jump squats
A- 10 Modified Jumping jacks B- 15 jumping jacks
A&B 10-15 bicep curls
A&B 10-15 abdominal crunches
Repeat strength training 1-4 times depending upon your level of fitness
Always check with your doctor before starting an exercise routine!
Healing Power of Crystals
Spirituality and health go hand in hand, and the power of crystals can help you improve both. However, ask yourself, what type of healing do I need, or am I looking to heal others? As the healer, you should have a large piece of Green Fuchsite in your healing room, as it will help you to stand back from situations, both mentally and emotionally.
Turquoise is known as the “master Healer,” and is said to be the bridge between Heaven, Sky and the Earth.
Tiger’s Eye helps to rebalance the body on all levels, encouraging optimism and trust in the future.
Smoky Quartz helps to ground and connect you to the Earth, allowing you to keep your feet on the ground and remain balanced.
Rose Quartz is the stone of unconditional love. It opens that heart to all types of love—love of the self, love of family, love of friends and romantic love.
Rhodochrosite raises your self-esteem and self-worth, while increasing feelings of self-love.
Pyrite is known to remedy financial hardship and attract abundance.
Mother of Pearl is considered to hold the energy of purity and is believed to keep evil away.
Malachite assists in clearing and cleansing all the chakras. It is an overall healing stone that stimulates and balances the heart and throat chakras.
Jade is a stone that can help you attain your goals and dreams, allowing you to see past self-imposed limitations and manifest your dreams into the physical world. Jade promotes courage, compassion, generosity and longevity
Aquamarine clears the mind, balances emotions and strengthens personal power. It connects with the Heart Chakra, helping you to realize your innermost truth and promoting self-expression.
Due to the stomach having to warm the water and the energy used to eliminate waste from the kidneys, metabolism increases temporary.
2- Eat fruits and vegetables such as asparagus, grapefruit, spinach, and broccoli; they are high in fiber and are non- starchy; this will increase your metabolism and sustain your energy throughout the morning. Asparagus and grapefruit are diuretics as they help flush out water from the body.
3- Limit sodium intake as too much sodium in your body causes it to hold onto water; putting more stress on your heart.
4- Hit the treadmill or elliptical for at least 30 minutes.